Saturday, February 28, 2009
Starting in March Dandelion Wishes will be celebrating our followers monthly with a drawing for fun prizes EXCLUSIVELY from our list of followers. That's right, just follow and you could be one of the lucky monthly winners. You don't even have to check in everyday (but seriously, why wouldn't you want to?) just follow our blog. Totally cool right?! And BONUS, if you send a friend and they mention your name and start following too, I will put your name in for each new follower you send my way (I have a system, trust me on this one, I am so hyper organized). Oh and don't forget to grab our super cute button for your sidebar! There is a nifty little code for it just below the follower box (not loving the new follower box btw).
Packages for Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap are going out this weekend and will all be shipped by Monday March 2nd. That's right we are spreading the L-O-V-E all over the blogsphere. I will post a Mr. Linky once everyone starts receiving their packages so y'all can go around and check out the favorite thing goodness! I am also taking your ideas about themes for the next swap (happening in April) and will be adding a little poll to the sidebar on Monday!
Now for the BAD NEWS...
I am sick about this. I just lost all of my cute buttons to all of your blogs. I was removing google ad sense (because they are seriously lame...some of my fave bloggy peeps SITS has a high readership that actually clicks on ads, google called it "invalid clicking" and shut the whole thing down). ANYWAY I was removing ad sense and somehow all my buttons went with it. Grrr..I want to come around and grab buttons from your blogs, but please remind me if you have one so I can come and get it! Do you have mine? It's on my side bar, there is even a nifty little code for you to grab to make it easy ( I know I just said the whole nifty little code thing, and this makes 3 times, but I know people skim sooo...).
Check out this 2 year old playing drums. He is goooooooood!
Cats flushing the toilet, this is crazy funny.
Look at this dalmation ride a bike in Japan.
A very funny bear waving and calling out for people to throw him some food.
*EDIT* did you see the post below? check it out, you won't want to miss this bit of bloggy business...trust me.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I am really excited to share some amazing news with all of you.
I have been invited to be part of a 10 women faculty with Pepperidge Farms. I will be working on their new campaign called “Fishful Thinking”. This campaign is all about inspiring positive thinking and optimism in our children. Pepperidge Farms has teamed up with Dr. Karen Reivich an expert in Positive Psychology and have created an amazing website called FishfulThinking.com. This website is filled with activities, interactive tools and helpful tips for keeping kids smiling through the ups and downs of life.
They are flying me to New York on March 6. On Saturday March 7 I will attend a symposium with Dr. Reivich and Pepperidge Farms executives. Then hang back for a brainstorming and training session. I fly home on Sunday march 8, so it’s a quick trip but I am so excited to go to NY for the first time, especially for such an amazing opportunity.
GOOD news to those of you living in the White Plains, NY area. They have opened up seats for the symposium to the public free of charge. This is an incredible chance for you to learn new ways to inspire positive thinking and optimism in the children in your life. Space is limited. RSVP today at http://www.fishfulthinkingrsvp.com/
I feel honored to be one of 10 moms from across the country hired to participate in this fabulous program. It is very exciting to get in on the ground floor of this project. I am so excited to watch it grow and feel like this is a perfect fit for me since optimism and positive thinking is such a big part of the values based curriculum I develop. AND bonus because I have 2 of Dr. Reivich’s books; "The Resilience Factor" and "The Optimistic Child" (which I have used many times for research for parenting workshops I have presented), I KNOW this is a project that I feel 100% positive I can get behind and recommend to you.
To learn more click on the adorable Goldfish button on my sidebar, you are going to love this!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
ALSO...did you see my cute little button on the side of my blog? Have you heard about this fabulous new movement in "Fishful Thinking"? Go 'fishing' by clicking the button, you will be glad I shared this with you...trust me. It. Is. Awesome.
John Deere Mom Mom asked:
Mamarazzi-If you had $500 to spend on anything, which ONE store would you choose?
“I am boring and practical and always thinking of my family so it would probably be Target…shampoo, toilet paper, laundry soap etc.”
Jordan-If you could take have one celebrity at school with you for a day, who would you choose?
“OH- that’s difficult, if I have to chose one it would be Miley Cyrus, I have been dying to meet her for a long time".
Big Daddy-What car would you purchase if money were no object?
“Tough one, I'd have to chose between a 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible or a Dodge Viper”
Megan R. asked:
Mamarazzi: What are your (IRL) friends, and families reactions to your blog? “They tell me they like it. A lot of my IRL friends are not bloggers but they follow the blog and comment in person. My family comments when they feel like it. I have cousins and a sister in law who read DAILY and I see them on my sitemeter (holla!) but they never comment.”
Jordan: Is there anything about your Mom blogging about you that you DON'T like?
“No, she usually always asks my permission and sometimes I ask her to put things on there.”
Big Daddy: Have you ever considered getting in on the bloggy action and starting your own?
“I maintain a private blog, I update it once or twice a week for family and far away friends.”
Here's my question to each of you:
Mamarazzi, Big Daddy & Jordan:What is your favorite family tradition? What makes it so special?
Jordan says: “Playing games after dinner every night. We get to laugh a lot and spend time together as a family. AND I kick their butts!”
Big Daddy says “Def. the games 100%, we have a great time together. it has been fun to see J start with the playful competitiveness and do a little trash talking; very funny.”
Mamarazzi says: “I am going to have to agree. The time we spend playing games after dinner is REALLY precious to me. If you are not doing this with your family, go out and get a game and start now. Even if it is one night a week, do it! you will really value this time together…I promise! Let me know how it goes, AND I can suggest games for all ages”
Mamarazzi - How did Big Daddy Propose?
“Actually I asked him. I had broken up with him for a few months and dated around a little bit. I had been considering a proposal from someone else and I got that FEELING that I was suppose to be with Big Daddy. So one night we were watching TV and he asked what was new and I said, ‘ well I guess we are suppose to get married’ and he said’ well it is about time you figured that out’ a week or so later (after talking with my daddy)he composed a beautiful poem and we made it official".
J- What is your favorite thing to make and will you share the recipe with us?
“I share all of the things I like to cook in Cooking With Jordan, but one of my favorite recipes to make is Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup. It is easy and very yummy.”
Big Daddy - Since you have the most awesome girls on the planet, how do you enjoy spending time with them?
“This might sound corny but talking. We love to sit around and talk. Mamarazzi and I can solve all the worlds’ problems, plan our future and decide what we would spend our lottery winnings on (if we played) in one good road trip. J and I go for walks everyday and I love the conversations we have on those walks. It is a wonderful time for us to connect and we have gotten even closer through those walks.”
Thanks for the questions girlies!!
OH aaaaaaaand I found out Blogger was doing some upgrades and overnight a lot of us 'lost' followers. But in reality they are not really lost. Check your "Blogger dashboard" and on the left side you'll see the blogs that you follow. Check to see if it says you are following anonymously or publicly. I did this and about 20% of the blogs I follow were clicked into anonymous...all i had to do was change it to public...easy peasy...go check (after you leave me a lovely comment and go fishing, of course). Thanks for the tip Ciara!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Jordan has been working on a really challenging puzzle off and on for about 4 weeks. This is the biggest most complicated puzzle that she has tried. The girl loves puzzles and does them all the time. She never just sits and watches a TV program unless we are lazing about as a family watching a movie or something. Whenever she is in her game room watching her TV she is also working on a puzzle. ANYWAY today I asked her about the puzzle noticing that she had really made some progress on it this weekend. She said, "This is a hard one. I keep telling myself not to give up!" First I told her how impressed I was with her "stick-to-it-ness" and then asked her if she wanted a little help. She smiled and said, "No thanks, I really like the feeling I get when I finish something that was hard to do." Serious proud mama moment. I love that kid.
My pregnant sister Meg is having an 8 Day Mexican Food Fiesta (check it out fast she goes private on March 1st). The girl is totally obsessed with food, she always has been and she is a size ZERO until the day she gives birth (insert me being jealous here). She has figured out how to make some food that would put Cafe Rio to shame...AND she shared the recipes on her blog. Big Daddy is jealous. He loves Mexican food and sometimes I feel like I should be better at making Mexican food (since he is half Mexican). Jordan also loved the idea of this Mexican Food Fiesta but knowing I am not the biggest fan of Mexican food she asked if we could "at least make Mexican One Dish". It is a casserole type of Mexican dish that doesn't take any time to make but gives you some of the "flavors" of Mexican food AND BONUS it is Aunt Meg's recipe...sooo tonight we made it. I have to tell you, Jordan can make this recipe without my help, she jumped right in and did it all, no problem. It MIGHT just end up being my new "go to meal" on days that I don't feel like cooking. Here is the RECIPE ! It just so happens it was also the FIRST thing J made for her Cooking With Jordan episodes.
We are almost done with the questions you all left for us in celebration of our 400 Posts We have been working on them over dinner for the last few nights..oh the conversations they have sparked! VERY fun! I can't wait to share the answers with y'all.
Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap is just around the corner. 1 week until all packages will be in the mail and L-O-V-E will be spread not only all over the United States but also New Zealand, Germany and the UK. With over 100 people participating I am impressed with how well it has all come together and how confident I feel that EVERYONE participating is on board to make this the best swap ever...so fun! I would like to know what theme I should use for the next swap I host. Please leave your suggestions and I will put a poll on my sidebar soon...I am thinking the next swap will happen in April.
Well I guess that is it for now! I hope your week is off to a great start!
PS blogger or google keep dropping people from the list of blogs I am following. THIS is REALLY frustrating. I know I also keep losing followers, I lost 11 overnight...so if you notice I have dropped off of your follower list PLEASE let me know. It's not me it's google blogger!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
This one is for my little cousins. I love you Reese, Quincy and Steven.
My Grandma loves this commercial so I am putting it on for her. I love you Grandma!
Friday, February 20, 2009
and thanks for teaching
me how to be F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!
Monday, February 16, 2009
I want to celebrate my 400 posts. So this is what I am going to do...I have a fun little prize that I am going to giveaway (I know, I am so awesome like that, right?!). For my 200th post I opened the floor up for some questions...it was fun. I am going to do the same thing for my 400...BUT THIS time I am going to allow you ask 3 questions. 1 for me, 1 for Jordan and 1 for Big Daddy. You can only ENTER (comment) ONE time and your ENTRY (comment) must include ONE question for each of us. Once I decide that I have enough questions (I do have a number in mind) I will close the comments, answer the questions in a new post and announce the winner drawn live on video by none other than the FABULOUS Jordan!
***comments are now closed. Thanks for all the fabulous questions. We will work on answering them over dinner the next few night...fun!***
Saturday, February 14, 2009
This one was suggested by one of the readers, I can't remember her name, sorry about that. Anyway it's funny this kid had too much happy gas at the dentist. It is really funny!!
Give me cookies and I will love you. Kind of a little naughty but funny too.
Chinchilla babies. Sooooooooooo Cute!!!!!!!
And since it is Valentine's Day I decided to post a video of my parent's love song. The video is really weird but so are they. You should see them sing this song to each other, it's pretty crazy. I love them anyway. I am glad they fell in love even if it is funny to watch them because they are perfect for each other.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
pssst...we're not here. We are visiting Big Daddy's folks. We will be back late tonight or early tomorrow and I will come and see y'all then.
In the meantime...if you visit regularly and never comment take a minute and drop a little love. For everyone visiting today....How did you find me? How often do you visit? Is there anything you would like to see more of? What is your favorite feature here at Dandelion Wishes?
come on now...talk. There might be a prize in it for you...yep really!
AND when you do comment, go and visit the person who commented before you and tell them Mamarazzi sent ya....let's all spread the L-O-V-E today, just for kicks!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Hercules and Jordan have really bonded this week. It seems that every time I walk past her game room she is holding him or he is laying in her lap. It is really sweet to see how gentle and loving she is with him and how Hercules trusts her. She has also been giving him her apple cores and 3 carrot chips a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Last time Hercules came home he visited in his "traveling cage". I wasn't too sure about that cage after her teacher explained that he figured out how to get out of it...uh say what? So i got busy making the cage escape proof...thus also making it harder for J to open and take him out whenever she wanted to play with it. This time he came in his regular big cage so J made room for him in the game room instead of her bedroom like last time.
Anyway here are some super cute pics of Jordan and Hercules and their visit. I am also trying to upload a video, but it seems to be taking forever...so blogger may be having issues right now.
Monday, February 9, 2009
I have been SO SICK with strep, ear infections and no voice whatsoever. I have been laying around wanting to be fun but just feeling sorry for myself and my family that has been pretty much taking care of themselves for almost a week. It has been NO FUN AT ALL! So I am sure you can imagine how a little box of Valentine Good Mail Goodness lifted my spirits. Pam from Country mouse, City mouse sent a little love my way, and it is awesome! See...
Thank you so much Pam you seriously lifted my spirits and made me feel so loved! Good Mail has a way of making things so much better! I adore my gift and the chocolate...oh my, the minty chocolatey goodness...VERY yummy!
I am so excited to have 200 followers now, so cool! Kebi from Hanging by a Thread is #200 and I am going to drop a little love in the mail to ya girlie! Good thing I have your address from participating in the swap...be patient with me, I have a few more things I need to get ready to go in the mail and I only want to take one trip to the Post Office...that's just how I roll, I am lazy like that.
Thanks to all of my new followers. I appreciate those who stop in and read and comment. I love sharing my life with y'all and love reading about yours. So far my new plan to follow commenters back to their blogs is working out really well and I am finding balance in my blogging life...that's a good thing. So to all my followers I present Dandelion Wishes Bloggy Goodness Award...grab the code and pass it on to blogs that you love! Ooooh sparkly...faaaaancy!
Today Beef Pot Pie w/ Corn Bread Crust. This is another throw it all together quick pantry meal. We love those. Jordan REALLY loves corn bread so we decided to try it out as a crust, the result? Deeeeeeeelicious!
together with beef broth and 5 lrg spoonfuls of flour
pour mixture over veggies and beef
mix box of corn bread as directed
just make sure not to get egg shells in the mix (oops!)
blend corn bread mix
cover pot pie with corn bread mix
bake at 375 for 45 min
serve it up and enjoy...mmmm!
Beef Pot Pie w/Corn Bread Crust
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Funny baby giving the "evil eye" he is so cute.
This is a really really really really really really smart dog. Really smart.
Kung foo baby, kind of silly.
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. I am 37 years old and REALLY want to have a baby; my 13 yr old daughter would REALLY love siblings. I am going to make that happen.
2. Being a mom is what I was born to do. I am a really good mom and consider my role as a mom to be the most important job that I have or ever will have. I take it seriously, I think about ways I can do it better and I strive to be the best mom I can be.
3. I have my own business developing curriculum for preschools. Part of this business is setting up classrooms and new schools. I also teach parenting workshops and train teachers. It is work that I love and it allows me to be home with my family while making some pretty good money.
4. I love my sisters. I love the friendship we have developed as we have gotten older and started families of our own. I love my brothers too. Another reason I want Jordan to have siblings.
5. I don’t pump my own gas…ever. I CAN but I don’t my sister has been able to witness it a few times…I will admit even I am impressed with my skills on getting strangers to pump my gas. Not that I ever have to use strangers my hubz keeps my tank full. That’s what she said.
6. That’s what she said will never get old with me…I am mature like that.
7. I love Diet Pepsi…I big red puffy heart love Diet Pepsi from a fountain, over ice, in a giant cup, with a lid and a straw, preferably delivered by someone with L-O-V-E.
8. I hate smokers…no really I HATE smoke. I think it is the most invasive disgusting habit and there is no way not to get your gross stinky habit in my clean air, I don’t care how “courteous” you THINK you are being. Oh and you look like an idiot, so stop that!
9. My husband is my best friend. The song “Can’t fight this Feeling” by REO Speedwagon is the song that made me realize he was THE ONE (I know it sounds cheese but it is true). There is no one I would rather spend my life with than this man. He loves me like I have never been loved before, makes me laugh and totally “gets” me.
10. I love to cook. LOVE it. My daughter asked me to teach her how to cook and I am really enjoying sharing my kitchen with her. The stuff I am teaching her is pretty basic but she also loves to be in the kitchen with me when I am just talking as I go on more complicated things. She has her very own segment on our blog called "Cooking with Jordan". It's awesome.
11. I love to blog. I have been keeping a family blog for almost 3 yrs now. It started out as a place for me to journal about my little family and turned into a community of people who I share my life with and love hearing about their lives. I really value the friendships I have made, the lessons I have learned from people all over the world.
12. My daughter and her friends like to call me Mamarazzi. They started calling me this after being chased with the camera for so long. They are use to it now and love to see the pics I have been taking over the years, but yeah I guess Mamarazzi fits…I think i take so many pics because I have very few from my own childhood. I guess since i was one of 5 kids and no digital cameras it was a little more of a challenge.
13. I love to entertain. Any chance I have to make a nice meal for people, host a party or even just a poolside BBQ I am all over it. I can’t wait to live somewhere other than this strange place in which I am currently residing, the people in this town are weird. For now I will just stick to throwing parties for my daughter and her friends, also fun.
14. I don’t remember a lot of people from High School. I have gotten lots of “add friend” requests on Facebook and MySpace from people I know I SHOULD know but don’t remember. Is it age or was I really THAT self absorbed in High School?
15. Speaking of face book…I HATE those silly little applications. They make me crazy. I WANT to play along and be part of the fun but they leave cooties on my computer. So sorry if you invite me and get ignored…it’s not you, its face book.
16. I can sing. I like to sing. I even sang in a friend’s band for a little while. I grew up singing and I think I have gotten better as the years have gone by. I can even read music. But I rarely ever sing outside of my house (unless it is in the car).
17. I am super organized. In a kind of sick way….everything in my fridge is organized, the labels face forward, and I throw out any leftover food items on the night before garbage day, and you will NEVER find anything moldy in my fridge. I wipe down shelves and organize items before I go to the market every week. My cabinets are the same way, all items are faced. I have never worked in retail…but I love going to the market just after the shelves have been restocked and are all pretty.
18. I do a load or two of laundry everyday. I love the smell of clean clothes and I love feeling like I accomplished something domestic everyday. Plus I like my weekends laundry free. My daughter has started noting what she wore to school each day so she doesn’t “repeat outfits”. I laughed about this and she got a little snarky as she said, “Well if you didn’t do laundry so much I would know what I wore cuz it wouldn’t be hanging up” (Humph…well….excuuuuuse me!!)
19. We eat dinner as a family every night THEN we play games. It is a great way to reconnect at the end of the day and some of the best conversations happen over the dinner table or talking trash in a game. It is my favorite part of the day.
20. EVERY time I leave the driveway I have to stop and say, “The garage door is closed” and if there is someone in the car with me I will say, “I am going to ask you if I closed the garage door, the answer is yes”. I do usually ask and there have been times when I was alone that I will get to the freeway and turn around to check. I have NEVER found the garage door open. Ever.
21. My daughter has some special needs. I have spent the last 4 years getting her into special programs and set up on individual education plans, it was a long hard fight with the educational system, but worth it. She has gone from being a failing student to a kid with all As and Bs. She has worked hard for those grades. Advocating for her in the school system should not be as hard as the system makes it, it makes me sad that there are so many kids whose parents get too overwhelmed by the system instead of fighting for the education their kid deserves and is ENTITLED to.
22. I love sushi…love it. I could eat Japanese food everyday and never get tired of it. Happiness is a dragon roll.
23. My husband and I started Love Journals a few Christmases ago. We write in them every night and exchange them with each other…it has been fun reading and writing and sharing these books. We have never missed a night. I can’t wait to have volumes of these books. He also started a notebook with our daughter…it has really added to their special bond and has been an easy way for them to communicate their feelings as she enters her teen years.
24. I love getting Good Mail. To me Good Mail is anything that is not junk or a bill. I love going to the mailbox and finding a card or letter from a friend….oh or even a package. Because of this I started a Good Mail exchange on my blog…lots of fun. Now I have so many people I exchange Good Mail with I get Good sometimes more than once a week. It. Is. Awesome.
25. You would think since I am somewhat of a narcissist it would not have been so hard to come up with this list of 25 things. Wrong, way hard. The End.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
The Bad News is that i am no longer accepting RSVPs for the swap. We are full. I know i said i was going to leave it open for sign ups until Feb 13 BUT i also said i had a number in mind for how many people i was going to let play...that number was 100.
More Good News...this will NOT be the last swap I host AND I will be taking a vote on the THEME for the next swap. Soooo the good news FAR out weighs the bad news...aren't you happy?! I am.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Back by popular demand: Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap!!
My last swap was such a HUGE success that I decided that it was time for another!
If you want to participate please CAREFULLY read ALL of the rules:
1. by signing up you are committing to do the following:
a. be able to be in constant communication with Mamarazzi via email (if I send the group an email I need a response within a few days please, it is too stressful wondering if things got lost in cyber space, the key to a successful swap is communication with ME!)
b. put together an amazing package of YOUR favorite things. This should be a package that you yourself would LOVE to receive (I didn't think this would need clarification but I read something funny in a comment on someone else's blog...you don't fill it with the favorite things you already have you go buy new stuff and send that...like a brand new tube of your favorite mascara, a new copy of your favorite book or movie etc. Everyone clear?).
c. the contents of package should cost no more than $30 but be at least $20 total (not counting shipping) I came to this amount after a 2 people got less than thoughtful packages after sending out beautiful well thought out packages to their partners, and from feedback on how things should be done the next time...i feel this is fair.
d. send package ON Monday March 2. (if you need to send sooner please let me know)
2. RSVP by grabbing the super cute button and posting about the swap on your blog and coming back and linking THAT post here to Mr. Linky. This is the ONLY way I am going to accept an RSVP...I need to make sure that everyone is fully committed. Please understand that I personally have been on the crappy side of NOT getting a package from my partner when I participated in a gift exchange hosted by another blogger. I want to make sure that there is not ANY way that someone can be left out, overlooked or gypped on a swap that I am hosting, not gonna happen!!!
3. Get your RSVP in BEFORE Friday Feb 13...I also have a certain number in mind for the amount of people I am willing to organize this for. So get that RSVP in FAST!
4. Once you have posted on your blog about Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap please send me an email @ never2pink at yahoo dot com with the following information:
a. Real name and Address
b. blog address (must have blog to participate, if private must be willing to "invite" partner to read blog)
c. email address
d. food or product allergies
e. would you be willing to ship internationally? (this is an additional cost, please keep that in mind)
A-D will be shared with your swap partner. The SAME person who you GIVE to is the person you will RECEIVE from...no secrets here, just pure FUN!
5. Once you receive your package in the mail create a post using pictures on your blog. Be sure to link your partner and Dandelion Wishes (you can just use the button again). I will have a Mr. Linky for everyone to use so we can all hop around the blogsphere checking out everyone's loot!
For an example of what exactly you are signing up for please see this post...there are also lots of links to some of the people who played too...AWESOME!!
CLOSED no more room, sorry!!
*THIS MR. LINKY FOR RSVP ONLY*