I did this on my Facebook after getting tagged a million times by friends there. Since I took the time to do it I decided to post it here too...
1. I am 37 years old and REALLY want to have a baby; my 13 yr old daughter would REALLY love siblings. I am going to make that happen.
2. Being a mom is what I was born to do. I am a really good mom and consider my role as a mom to be the most important job that I have or ever will have. I take it seriously, I think about ways I can do it better and I strive to be the best mom I can be.
3. I have my own business developing curriculum for preschools. Part of this business is setting up classrooms and new schools. I also teach parenting workshops and train teachers. It is work that I love and it allows me to be home with my family while making some pretty good money.
4. I love my sisters. I love the friendship we have developed as we have gotten older and started families of our own. I love my brothers too. Another reason I want Jordan to have siblings.
5. I don’t pump my own gas…ever. I CAN but I don’t my sister has been able to witness it a few times…I will admit even I am impressed with my skills on getting strangers to pump my gas. Not that I ever have to use strangers my hubz keeps my tank full. That’s what she said.
6. That’s what she said will never get old with me…I am mature like that.
7. I love Diet Pepsi…I big red puffy heart love Diet Pepsi from a fountain, over ice, in a giant cup, with a lid and a straw, preferably delivered by someone with L-O-V-E.
8. I hate smokers…no really I HATE smoke. I think it is the most invasive disgusting habit and there is no way not to get your gross stinky habit in my clean air, I don’t care how “courteous” you THINK you are being. Oh and you look like an idiot, so stop that!
9. My husband is my best friend. The song “Can’t fight this Feeling” by REO Speedwagon is the song that made me realize he was THE ONE (I know it sounds cheese but it is true). There is no one I would rather spend my life with than this man. He loves me like I have never been loved before, makes me laugh and totally “gets” me.
10. I love to cook. LOVE it. My daughter asked me to teach her how to cook and I am really enjoying sharing my kitchen with her. The stuff I am teaching her is pretty basic but she also loves to be in the kitchen with me when I am just talking as I go on more complicated things. She has her very own segment on our blog called "Cooking with Jordan". It's awesome.
11. I love to blog. I have been keeping a family blog for almost 3 yrs now. It started out as a place for me to journal about my little family and turned into a community of people who I share my life with and love hearing about their lives. I really value the friendships I have made, the lessons I have learned from people all over the world.
12. My daughter and her friends like to call me Mamarazzi. They started calling me this after being chased with the camera for so long. They are use to it now and love to see the pics I have been taking over the years, but yeah I guess Mamarazzi fits…I think i take so many pics because I have very few from my own childhood. I guess since i was one of 5 kids and no digital cameras it was a little more of a challenge.
13. I love to entertain. Any chance I have to make a nice meal for people, host a party or even just a poolside BBQ I am all over it. I can’t wait to live somewhere other than this strange place in which I am currently residing, the people in this town are weird. For now I will just stick to throwing parties for my daughter and her friends, also fun.
14. I don’t remember a lot of people from High School. I have gotten lots of “add friend” requests on Facebook and MySpace from people I know I SHOULD know but don’t remember. Is it age or was I really THAT self absorbed in High School?
15. Speaking of face book…I HATE those silly little applications. They make me crazy. I WANT to play along and be part of the fun but they leave cooties on my computer. So sorry if you invite me and get ignored…it’s not you, its face book.
16. I can sing. I like to sing. I even sang in a friend’s band for a little while. I grew up singing and I think I have gotten better as the years have gone by. I can even read music. But I rarely ever sing outside of my house (unless it is in the car).
17. I am super organized. In a kind of sick way….everything in my fridge is organized, the labels face forward, and I throw out any leftover food items on the night before garbage day, and you will NEVER find anything moldy in my fridge. I wipe down shelves and organize items before I go to the market every week. My cabinets are the same way, all items are faced. I have never worked in retail…but I love going to the market just after the shelves have been restocked and are all pretty.
18. I do a load or two of laundry everyday. I love the smell of clean clothes and I love feeling like I accomplished something domestic everyday. Plus I like my weekends laundry free. My daughter has started noting what she wore to school each day so she doesn’t “repeat outfits”. I laughed about this and she got a little snarky as she said, “Well if you didn’t do laundry so much I would know what I wore cuz it wouldn’t be hanging up” (Humph…well….excuuuuuse me!!)
19. We eat dinner as a family every night THEN we play games. It is a great way to reconnect at the end of the day and some of the best conversations happen over the dinner table or talking trash in a game. It is my favorite part of the day.
20. EVERY time I leave the driveway I have to stop and say, “The garage door is closed” and if there is someone in the car with me I will say, “I am going to ask you if I closed the garage door, the answer is yes”. I do usually ask and there have been times when I was alone that I will get to the freeway and turn around to check. I have NEVER found the garage door open. Ever.
21. My daughter has some special needs. I have spent the last 4 years getting her into special programs and set up on individual education plans, it was a long hard fight with the educational system, but worth it. She has gone from being a failing student to a kid with all As and Bs. She has worked hard for those grades. Advocating for her in the school system should not be as hard as the system makes it, it makes me sad that there are so many kids whose parents get too overwhelmed by the system instead of fighting for the education their kid deserves and is ENTITLED to.
22. I love sushi…love it. I could eat Japanese food everyday and never get tired of it. Happiness is a dragon roll.
23. My husband and I started Love Journals a few Christmases ago. We write in them every night and exchange them with each other…it has been fun reading and writing and sharing these books. We have never missed a night. I can’t wait to have volumes of these books. He also started a notebook with our daughter…it has really added to their special bond and has been an easy way for them to communicate their feelings as she enters her teen years.
24. I love getting Good Mail. To me Good Mail is anything that is not junk or a bill. I love going to the mailbox and finding a card or letter from a friend….oh or even a package. Because of this I started a Good Mail exchange on my blog…lots of fun. Now I have so many people I exchange Good Mail with I get Good sometimes more than once a week. It. Is. Awesome.
25. You would think since I am somewhat of a narcissist it would not have been so hard to come up with this list of 25 things. Wrong, way hard. The End.