scroll down if you came here for WordFul Wednesday...but you might enjoy reading this too!!
it is almost 4am...i can't sleep...i rarely sleep, but tonight is different. TONIGHT i have a plan forming in my head and i need to "Blog it Out"
OK, i am DONE! i am seriously tired of any sort of clutter in my house. What? You say, Mamarazzi has clutter? and my answer to you would be, YES! You can't see it. You need to open closets and cabinets where i have it all cleverly organized. But seriously, what am i hanging on to all of this stuff for?
1. I NEVER plan on working in an office again, and i have beautiful clothes that i haven't worn in over a year...they are all pretty much fabulous, which is why i have held onto them for so long, heck some of it has never even been warn. Honestly i have a big closet and it is stuffed, PLUS another closet in a separate room that is stuffed...yet i wear the same "uniform" daily (summer: mini skirts and tee shirts and winter: yoga pants and tee shirts, lame, but it works for my life). This stuff has got to go!! OH and don't even get me started on my "I Have a Dream" collection of clothing...dream on sista, not gonna happen before the clothes go totally outta style! And guess what? i am seriously, honestly OK with that! Shocking? Then you don't know me!
2. I have tons of kitchen stuff i never use...TONS!! My kitchen cabinets runneth over...who needs 12 cookie sheets? i mean really? it is totally time...time to consolidate no more than 3 cookie sheets...that seems right, right? especially for someone who like NEVER bakes! Though to be honest i MIGHT bake more if i had a pretty PINK Kitchen Aid Mixer i don't know why i continue to beg for this..it's never gonna happen!
3. I do not think i will open another preschool again. If i do it will be on a muuuuch smaller scale (maybe 2 times a week enrichment program in my home, someday, maaaaybe). So i can totally get rid of the hundreds of boxes turning our 2 car garage into a barely one car garage.
4. SHOES!! i have hundreds and hundreds of pairs of shoes. Yet, everyday i wear the same 2 pairs of flip flops...part of my summer uniform. Come winter i will switch to running shoes (i don't run in) and Uggs..ya know, to go with my winter uniform. I am getting rid of the majority of them...i think i will even limit myself to a number...i am thinking no one needs more than 10 pairs of shoes...so i will keep 25.
5. Books...not gonna keep them anymore. I never read a novel more than once. I will hold on to my HUGE collection of parenting and curriculum development books. I use those. I need them. Soooo those can stay...everything else GONE!!
6. Those 4 boxes that my husband has moved from house to house over the last 10 yrs of his life. He gets to consolidate them down to 1...2 if he doesn't complain about it. I will get rid of my "gonna sort through that someday" boxes too...we don't need them. They take up precious space. It is time to let go.
7. I have soooo much stuff, pass along gifts (you know what i mean, it's totally cute, but not you?!) ribbon, note cards, invitations (to parties i am never going to have), that stuff i found on clearance and could not walk away from (shoot i might NEED that someday) that remains un-opened, oh and wedding gifts i didn't have gift receipts for, yep like i STILL need to keep those!
so 7 VERY good reasons and lists of items...yeah i feel better already just "blogging it out" makes me feel all....exhilarated, alive and READY!!! FREEEEEEDOM!!
I am going to spend the next few days organizing and PURGING!! I am having a HUGE yard sale this weekend. yep...THIS weekend!
I asked J if she had anything she wanted to get rid of...she looked at me a little crazy eyed and said, "NO! How about we just bake some stuff and i can have a bake sale?" I guess I will be keeping some of those kitchen items after all. No matter how hard i try to convince her that cooking is much more fun than baking, she keeps asking...thank goodness i have bloggy friends who post super easy, super awesome recipes...or i might never get that Mother of the Year nomination!
Hey Meg...i so wish you were here to help me decide what i need to keep and what can go, you are so good at that...i guess its easy when it's mom's stuff tho, huh?! BUT, you would probably end up taking it all home, or selling it on Ebay.
OH i almost forget i have a gazillion coupons for ICE CREAM left over from our "Block" Party? if you want some email me never2pink at yahoo dot com...i have them for both cartons of the slow churned and slow churned bars...oh and coupons for FrostyPaws frozen treats for your dog too...for real, for dogs! AHHH Good Mail!!
Ya know what? I might find some REALLY cool stuff that YOU might like. I am going to put together a "Box of Mamarazzi Goodness" as i go through things...i know what you MIGHT be thinking, but i have a lot of cool stuff...i am not going to put junk in that box of goodness. Sooooo IF you are interested in WINNING this "Box of Mamarazzi Goodness" let me know WITH your comment (extra points for creativity and proooof that you READ the post! *wink*). You can comment up to 5 times, each comment is an entry...i will have a drawing sometime next week. Go on...you know you wanna...it's fun, it's free and it's gonna be FABULOUS!
please play the "Box of Mamarazzi Goodness" Giveaway...my self esteem depends on it.