so 7 random things about us huh? we were "tagged" a little over a week ago (thanks Meg)so now we need to come up with and post 7 random things about us. it has taken us some time to find 7 random things, leaving us to think that number one should be....
1. We Are Not Very Random People: we live a simple life, basic blissful marriage, sprinkled with lots and LOTS of laughter, and spending as much time as we can together...which is often difficult since Paul works in Salinas and spends his work week in Hollister at my folks house, only coming home on his days off. this basically leaves us all craving each other and looking forward to when we are all under the same roof again. couple this with only having Jordan 50% of the time (alternating weeks Fri-Fri with her mom) and there is no wonder why we make the most of our time together. but as mentioned in a previous blog there is an end in sight. Paul has a transfer date...DEC 31....wooo hooo!! (i hope we still like each other once we really live together)
2. We Tend to OVER Celebrate: we are those people who make a huge production over just about anything. a lot of this has to do with Jordan. i think since Paul was a 'weekend daddy' for so many years of Jordan's life that she is used to her time with him being filled with adventures and basically as much as the answer "YES" as possible. she is just now getting into the swing of 'normal family life' but still is always keeping her eye out for the next big day...maybe this is why she wore her birthday girl ribbon for a whole week?! (how much free stuff can one little girl get? a whole lot!)
3. The Song "Game": We will call it a game but in reality it is just another 'party for one'. Paul is a master at getting a song stuck in my head. all he has to do is hum a few bars of something and my musical tourettes kicks in and hours later (unless he gets me again with another song) i am STILL singing the song. the worst part? sometimes i don't even know the song. Paul really loved the time he got me humming the Star Wars song...after the 3rd time humming it i finally asked, "what is that?" he pretty much died laughing...since i am not a "trackie" or whatever they call Star Wars fans.
4. Reality TV: Yep i am pretty much all over it...if it is someone elses business i am there. my new favorite Kamora Lee Simmons: Life in the Fab Lane. it's awesome, i want to be her new BFF. We enjoy Big Brother 8 too. yep its pathetic but if it is reality TV i wanna see it...drama, drama, drama. ya know i wasn't going to mention this (because it makes me look lame) but i have also been watching 3 VERY embarrassing reality TV shows on a semi regular basis... Scott Baio 45 and Single, Hey Paula (total train wreck) and Rock of Love with Bret Michaels....all 3 seriously pathetic. i think i watch because they make me feel better about myself and they have no idea that i am sitting on my couch laughing my butt off watching them make fools of themselves. cheaper than therapy.
5. Jim and Carla: My in laws...we would pretty much rather spend time with them then anyone we know. sound odd? then you don't know my in laws. they are the funniest, most genuine, loving, generous people i know. AND they like spending time with US too...yea really!! i often think about how lucky i am that i am not one of the MANY who have Mother in laws from hell. i can only think of a handful of people who truly like there mother in law. yep they pretty much rock and we feel very blessed to have them. not to mention the fact that they are AWESOME grandparents to Jordan...truly blessed.
6. Paul Knows EVERYTHING About Me: and loves me even more because of it. Paul is he one person in my life that i have been 100% myself with. there is nothing he doesn't know about me and i have to tell you THIS is the true meaning of love. he knows the embarrassing details of my life, my deepest darkest secrets and biggest dreams and wishes...and STILL he loves me...more everyday i think. he is the best man i have ever known. and FINALLY i met someone who makes me laugh...all the time. seriously, we crack each other up on a regular basis...i think i love this most about him, and the list of things i love about him is very long. it's nice to finally be living my happily ever after.
7. HolleeAnn has a SERIOUS need to be validated:
This is Paul, here to finally put down into words what HolleeAnn means to me, but since this is a random list I will include something incredibly random about HolleeAnn that I love. One thing HolleeAnn does that I think is very adorable is when she comes out dressed down in her opinion but she is seriously cute in a sweatshirt, pig tails and a baseball cap. I married a beautiful woman and even when "dressed down" she is a knockout!
ok so i am suppose to TAG someone else...the blogs i regularly read (stalk) are Meredith's (cuz she is really funny and wants to be Kamora Lee Simmons friend too) and Monica's (she is my sister in law and is a new blogger soooo this will give her a topic for a new entry) SOOOO TAG You're it girls!! Seven Random Things please!